There is an exciting career opportunity with The SWAN Project, for the right person, as we are now seeking a new Project Manager to oversee the Centre’s provision. It’s a challenging role but one with great rewards and an opportunity to make a first hand difference to the lives of young people in West Norfolk.
Like many charitable organisations, we have been increasingly challenged by growing demands and restraints of finance, governance and quality assurance, but we’ve been driven and motivated by our young people, committed staff and volunteers and our passion for changing lives in West Norfolk. We firmly believe that our work will continue, as it has up to now, to make a difference to young lives in and around Downham Market.
There’s no doubt about it, The SWAN Youth Opportunities Project is a fantastic place to be – it’s fresh, exciting and there’s a big opportunity to make your mark and drive forward important change in West Norfolk!
Job Type : 30 hrs per week with possible increase in hours subject to outstanding funding; Six Month Contract with the intention to extend subject to funding
Salary : £20,000 pro rata
Location of Work : The SWAN Centre, Paradise Road, Downham Market. Please note that this role may require the post holder to work at locations throughout Downham Market and West Norfolk.
The SWAN Centre has been running youth provision in Downham Market since 2013. Facilitated by The South West Norfolk Youth Opportunities Project (Charity No. 1134957), the Centre provides both open access activities for young people aged 8-19, in addition to school provision for students at the local secondary academy. The role of the Project Manager is to oversee all aspects of the running of The SWAN Centre in addition to assisting with charity development in collaboration with the Board of Trustees.
The key purpose of the role is to work with the Board of Trustees to:
- Drive forward the SWAN mission in all areas of work
- Manage a delivery team of staff and volunteers
- Grow the South West Norfolk Youth Opportunities Project
- Keep records and reports up to date and liaise with key partners
- Support the delivery of all youth provision and ensure its compliance with SWAN Policies and Procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage and co-ordinate the effective delivery of all SWAN youth work programmes including evening open access provision and school/academy provision.
- To seek and secure funding (through grants and fundraising etc.) for developing and sustaining the staffing, running costs and programme costs of The SWAN Centre (and SWAN Project where required).
- To recruit, induct, develop, support and lead a team of youth work staff and volunteers to deliver high quality, young person focused services.
- To develop and support positive and productive relationships with and between members of staff.
- To implement and maintain a portfolio of policies and procedures and ensure their implementation throughout the project’s services.
- To monitor the changing needs of young people, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, to identify opportunities and areas for service improvement.
- To develop and maintain links and relationships with schools/colleges in order to build upon our existing academy and school provision and ensure its sustainability.
- To participate in and contribute to Trustee Meetings with a view to undertaking necessary tasks for the Charities development.
- To report to, and meet regularly with, a Director on operational developments and issues arising from delivery.
- To provide reports as required on progress against outcomes for the Board of Trustees and funders.
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
To apply, please contact Ali Rigby – Project Manager (01366 386259 or Ali@theswancentre .org.uk to request an application pack.
Job Type: Part-time