The SWAN Youth Opportunities Project
The South West Area Norfolk (SWAN) Youth Opportunities Project (Charity No. 1143957) serves Downham Market and the surrounding areas. As part of it’s mission to provide young people with access to a wide range of positive and inclusive activities, it opened The SWAN Centre in 2013.
By working with young people, within their local communities, the SWAN Project aims to raise awareness of existing youth provision whilst developing new ones. We want to ensure positive outcomes and sustainability.
The charity’s objectives are:
- To create and maintain a ‘youth hub’ in Downham Market; providing positive activities for young people living in the southern area of West Norfolk.
- To raise awareness of existing activity for young people in the area.
- To provide, through committed adults, on-going support and guidance for activities, learning and training already in existence for young people.
- To support the establishment and sustainability of new activities within rural areas, including other venues.
- To improve access to activities and opportunities for training and employment (Particularly for young people living in the very rural areas of South West Norfolk).
If you would like to contact someone further about the SWAN Youth Opportunities Project, please contact Sue Downing (Trustee) below: